Thursday, September 27, 2007

I love this kind of "news"

An AP story that is making the rounds deserves mention, and even though it would be better for Friday news, I can't control when these things happen.

A Minnesota man who was a guest at the Embassy Suites Hotel cornered a duck that swam in the hotel's lobby, grabbed the bird and ripped its head from its body while a hotel security guard and others watched.

Allegedly, the man said: "I'm hungry. I'm gonna eat it."

According to the police spokesperson: "He was allegedly drunk."

The general counsel with the Minnesota Federated Humane Societies called the incident "unconscionable," and suggested that: "I think Embassy Suites needs to take another look at this and review how they keep ducks safe, or use fish like most hotels would use."
Further comment on this post will be referred to Embassy Suites. The AP writer said that calls to Embassy Suites were not returned. Nothing I can do about that either. Reports that the man was Michael Vick are totally false.

No comments: